Meet Gabi Holzwarth
Gabi Holzwarth is the violinist girlfriend of Travis Kalanick, the CEO, and co-founder of ride-hailing and controversial service Uber.
Her boyfriend has been called a visionary, a disrupter, a genius and a jerk. One thing is certain: his company is unlike anything the world has seen before. Uber is likely the fastest-growing startup in history and definitely the most valuable at $62.5 billion.
Kalanick was born in Los Angeles, he lived in Northridge, California where he graduated from Granada Hills High School and studied engineering at UCLA before dropping out in 1998 to help found his first company, Scour. The file-sharing service not unlike Napster, ended in disaster when some of the world’s biggest media companies sued it for $250 billion in damages, forcing Kalanick to filed for bankruptcy. According to the Times, following the disaster of Scour, he slept in his childhood bedroom while starting Red Swoosh –an enterprise content delivery company that he sold to Akamai Technologies in 2007 for $18.7 million. Uber came next.
Uber, an on-demand black car service, seeks to be “Everyone’s Private Driver” by bringing disruptive technology and business innovation to urban transportation challenges. The company is competing with taxi services in the United States and 59 other countries around the world. The company has been tearing across the globe, pledging to pour $1 billion each into China and India. In addition, Kalanick has been an active angel investor.
But why don’t we get to the good stuff? Gabi Holzwarth, the prominent violinist has said in the past how her romance with the billionaire helped her overcome an eating disorder that almost killed her. The couple met over a year ago at a Shervin Pishevar party, where she was invited to play.
Read more interesting facts about Gabi Holzwarth, below:
1. The 26-year-old is from Redwood City, Calif. She has been playing since age 3.
2. Gabi Holzwarth suffered through serious violence as a child, including one incident at age 13 in which she was dragged by her hair.
3. The trauma she suffered as a child led her to struggled with eating disorders for a decade
4. As a result from her bulimia, she suffers from osteoporosis.
5. Gabi Holzwarth began playing her violin in the streets of Palo Alto for tips
6. She made friends with the titans of Silicon Valley that began hiring her for events and parties
7. Now a regular performer at Silicon Valley tech parties, she worked in sales for the San Jose Earthquakes soccer team.
8. She attended University of California, Davis and holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), History.
9. She played a duet with Snoop Dogg at a Munchery party.
10. Furthermore, Gabi Holzwarth has played for BitTorrent, NetApp, Samsung, LinkedIn, and Google.
You can find the lovely Gabi Holzwarth on Twitter here.
Desiree Jacqueline Guerzon is the lovely wife of billionaire, Kevin Plank. Her hubby is none other than the founder and CEO of apparel company Under Armour.
Desiree’s husband, was born Kevin A. Plank on August 13, 1972 in Kensington, Maryland, USA. An innate entrepreneur, began selling shirts out of the trunk of his car while attending Maryland University, and eventually the world took notice. Over two decades later, Under Armour is a multi-billion dollar global brand and the maker of the most innovative performance footwear, apparel, and accessories in the world.
The youngest of five boys who grew up in Kensington, Maryland noticed his teammates were all wearing heavy, sweat-soaked shirts. So he came up with a lightweight, sweat-wicking shirt using fabrics from women’s undergarments. He took his highly successful sports apparel company public in 2005.
He’s had friends and family involved in his early ventures, that includes, wife Desiree. The pair tied the knot in 2003 and have two kids together. Meet Desiree Plank below.
1. Desiree is a Filipino-American
Desiree Jacqueline Guerzon who goes by “D.J.” Guerzon and is a Filipino-American who was brought up in the U.S.
2. She and Kevin Plank attended the same high school.
Plank first met Desiree Jacqueline “D.J.” Guerzon of Potomac while at St. John’s, when he went out with one of her schoolmates from the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda. In fact, they went to prom in the same car but with different dates.
3. The pair dated for ten-years before getting married in 2003.
The two found each other again in college. Kevin ran into D.J. on his first day of college, and they started dating a few months later, the rest is history.
4. She studied nursing.
Desiree Jacqueline Guerzon studied nursing at Georgetown University.
5. Jacqueline Guerzon became her hubby’s biggest fan and supporter
Her hubby is known for having launched a number of businesses at the University of Maryland. During an interview she recalled the time she helped Kevin sell t-shirts at a Grateful Dead concert. Her mom even pitched in by tie-dyed the shirts in the backyard of her family’s home.
6. She is the mother of two kids.
Desiree and Kevin Plank welcomed one son, Kevin James now 13 and who is very into sports including, hockey. They are also the parents of one daughter, Katherine.
Lenise Stephenson is the lovely corporate wife of AT&T Inc. chairman and CEO, Randall Stephenson. Lenise and her husband have been married for over three decades, keep reading to know her top facts.
Lenise’s husband was born Randall Lynn Stephenson on April 22, 1960. The Oklahoma native has spent his career in the telephone business.
Randall received his B.S. in accounting from the University of Central Oklahoma. He also holds a Master of Accountancy from the University of Oklahoma.
Randall began his career with Southwestern Bell Telephone in 1982 in Oklahoma. Stephenson’s career advanced as the company grew and expanded from its regional focus. He helped build a wireless subsidiary in Mexico City. Eventually became known as American Movil. He then was named SBC’s controller in 1996.
He served as the company’s senior exec VP and chief financial officer from 2001 to 2004. From 2004 to 2007 he served as the company’s chief operating officer. He was appointed to AT&T’s board of directors in 2005. Randall was named to his current position in 2007. Ready to meet his better half?
1. Lenise married Randall Stephenson in 1982.
Lenise married her husband when he was just an employee back in the early 80’s. She’s been an important part of his success. Since then, the couple has welcomed two children, Lenise and her husband are the proud parents of two daughters.
2. Lenise Stephenson is affiliated with University of Texas.
She is a member, Board of Visitors at University of Texas – MD Anderson Cancer Center.
3. She is a private person.
Though not much is known about Lenise Stephenson, we’ve seen her graced her husbands presence during important events such as the 2012 state dinner hosted by U.S. President Barack Obama and U.S. first lady Michelle Obama in honor of French President Francois Hollande at the White House.
4. Lenise and her husband have faced controversy in the past.
In 2009 her husband was falsely reported dead after falling into a coma following a massive cocaine binge. Then in 2015, her husband was named in a lawsuit filed by an assistant at AT&T named Knyome King. King claimed that Randall helped to cover up racist texts that were sent by the then President, Aaron Slator. Eventually, the case was settled out of court.
5. She lives a wealthy lifestyle.
According to Forbes, her husband has an income that is listed as “other” of $20.66 million.
Crystal English Sacca is the wife of billionaire entrepreneur and Shark guest Chris Sacca. Crystal and her venture capitalist hubby are the proud parents of three chidlren. Keep reading to know Crystal English Sacca’s biography.
Crystal English Sacca’s husband was born Christopher Sacca on May 12, 1975. He grew up in a suburb of Buffalo. Chris graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center. He also graduated cum laude from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
Before becoming the owner of Lowercase Capital, a venture capital fund –which has grown to be one of the larger venture funds in the United States; Sacca was an associate at Fenwick & West’s Silicon Valley office. After getting fired from his lawyer gig, he jumped to Google in 2003.
As as Head of Special Initiatives at Google Inc. he founded and headed up Google’s Access division. His most visible projects include Google’s 700MHz and TV white spaces spectrum initiatives, the company’s groundbreaking data center in Oregon, and Google’s free citywide WiFi network in Mountain View, CA. Chris also spearheaded many of Google’s business development and M&A transactions and was on the founding team of the company’s New Business Development organization.
While still at Google, he wrote an angel check for $25,000 to Twitter and ultimately bought more than $1 billion of shares before Twitter’s IPO. Sacca made his investors more than $4 billion and amassed a position for himself worth about $500 million today.
Chris Sacca breaks into the Midas top ten–and the billionaire ranks–thanks to his early bets on Twitter and Uber as well as a host of other startups such as Stripe, Twilio, Docker, Lookout and Automattic.
Sacca is defintely good at what he does, but his wife is also a badass advertiser. Keep reading about Crystal English Sacca in her top facts below.
1. Accoridng to her website, Crystal English Sacca grew up in seven countries on three continents.
3. She holds a degree in International Affairs from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service.
4. Accoridng to her LinkedIn she is a freelance art director currently self employed.
5. Before embarking on her own freelance career, she worked at Venables Bell & Partners, TBWA Chiat/Day, and Goodby Silverstein & Partners.
6. Some of the brand she has worked with include: Audi, Intel, HBO, Barclays, The Obama Campaign, Sprint, and many others.
7. Crystal is an award winning art director who has racked up a number of Cannes Lions, Two Gold Cannes Cyberlions, some One Show Pencils, and a pile of ADCs, D&ADs, Kellys, Andys, Effies, Webbys, and ADDYs.
8. She was also named an ADC Young Gun, one of AdWeek’s “Best Creatives You Don’t Know”
9. She served as a judge for the One Show and the Webbys.
10. Her Intel “Rock Star” spot featured as one of TBS’s Funniest Commercials of the Year.
Most recently Crystal has been dedicating her time to her three small daughters.
You can find Crystal English Sacca on Instagram here.
Meet Rebecca Muilenburg, she is the lovely wife of Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg.
Rebecca Muilenburg who also goes by Rebecca Kickert-Muilenburg is a Licensed Veterinarian licensed to practice in Illinois. She obtained her license in back in 1990 but according to online info, she is currently inactive.
Rebecca Muilenburg’s husband was born Dennis A. Muilenburg in 1964. Muilenburg joined Boeing’s engineering ranks as an intern in Seattle in 1985. He earned a bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering from Iowa State University and a master’s in aeronautics and astronautics from the University of Washington.
He spent the first 15 years of his career in the Puget Sound region, supporting the commercial airplanes and defense businesses.
He held numerous program management and engineering positions of increasing responsibility early in his career, including on the company’s High Speed Civil Transport, F-22, Airborne Laser and Condor reconnaissance aircraft.
Muilenburg was instrumental in building the Boeing Combat Systems and Future Combat Systems program. Much of the software in their defense portfolio today has origins in the FCS program.
As president and COO, Muilenburg shared in the day-to-day oversight and support of the company’s aerospace business operations, with a focus on the company’s growth and productivity initiatives, key customer relationships and leadership-development programs. He also served on the company’s Executive Council.
After 30 years of service to Boeing, Muilenburg became the company’s 10th chief executive in July 2015. Earlier this year, it was also announced that Muilenburg would become Boeing’s chairman.
Muilenburg became chairman of the board in March 2016, chief executive officer in July 2015 and president in December 2013. Also in 2013, he lost his father, Dwaine Muilenburg. According to online obits, Dennis’ dad died aged 79.
Rebecca’s husband still finds time to be actively involved with his alma mater. In 2005 Muilenburg was inducted into the ISU aerospace engineering Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
Though married to one of the country’s most famous executives, not much is known about Rebecca Muilenburg. While her hubby is a pro when it comes to giving speeches and talking to the cameras, Rebecca Muilenburg seems to enjoy a quiet life out of the spotlight. According to boardroominsiders, Rebecca Muilenburg and her husband are the proud parents of at least one son.
During an interview posted to YouTube, Rebecca’s husband Dennis, admitted to having as much as seven pets at one point in their home.
Her husband and baby daddy recently urged the new Republican administration of President-elect Donald Trump to preserve and reopen, not abolish the U.S. government’s Export-Import Bank.
Ricky Van Veen
Ricky Van Veen is the husband of actress, Allison Williams. His lovely wife is known for her work on the HBO series Girls. Ricky apparently annoyed Vogue’s honcho, Anna Wintour at last year’s met gala, that is according to a new documentary called The First Monday in May.
Allison, who is also a singer and comedian, was born on April 13, 1988, she is the daughter of of former NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams and Jane Gillan Stoddard, a TV producer. Allison Williams graduated from Yale University in 2010. While at Yale, Williams was a member of the improv comedy troupe Just Add Water for four years, well as being a part of the YouTube series College Musical.
Allison was casted in the HBO series Girls in 2012. The daughter of former NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams postponed her wedding plans when her father was suspended in February for his false statements regarding his coverage of the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.
But enough on his lovely wife, who is in reality techie Ricky Van Veen 35, the co-founder of the website College Humor? –which has grown to become a leading source of comedy content on the Internet, attracting more than 12 million unique users every month.
Allison and her entrepreneur husband tied the knot in 2015. According to People, the wedding took place at Brush Creek Ranch in Saratoga, Wyoming, and among the 150-200 guests included Williams’Girls co-stars Lena Dunham,Jemima Kirke, Zosia Mamet, as well as pals Katy Perry, John Mayer, Barry Diller, Diane Von Furstenberg, Bruce Springsteen and Late Night’s Seth Meyers.
Read below interesting facts about him.
1. The native of Baltimore, MD.; is the son of Helen and Richard Van Veen.
2. Ricky Van Veen graduated from Wake Forest in 2003.
3. The couple met a Bachelor viewing party and he later proposed at one of the viewing parties.
4. They began dating in 2011, got engaged in 2014 and were married last year.
5. Ricky Van Veen launched his website from his Wake Forest University dorm room in 1999.
6. Van Veen has co-authored two CollegeHumor-branded books.
7. He was Executive Producer/Actor/Writer on MTV’s The CollegeHumor Show.
8. He served as Producer on Coffee Town, CollegeHumor’s first feature film, which is set for release in 2013.
9. He also launched the websites BustedTees.com and Vimeo.com under the umbrella company Connected Ventures.
10. Van Veen has helped launch multiple projects at IAC, including the 2009 launch of Notional and the 2013 release of Bout, a mobile photo game.
Find Ricky Van Veen on Twitter here.