Margot Birmingham Perot
Meet Mrs. Margot BirminghamPerot aka Margot Perot; she was the loving and caring wife of billionaire business magnate Ross Perot, the former presidential candidate who died at the age of 89, after a battle with leukemia.
In addition to Margaret, Mr. Perot is survived by their five children and 20 grandchildren.
- 85-year-old Margot Perot was born Margot Birmingham on November 15, 1933, in Pennsylvania; one of the children born to Gertrude (nee. Price) and banker Donald Cameron Williams Birmingham. Her momma graduated in 1922, from Goucher, she later became a homemaker.
- Mrs. Perot graduated with a bachelor of art degree from Goucher College in 1955, three years after she met Ross Perot then a Naval Academy class president on a blind date in Annapolis.
- Ross and Margot Perot who planned a career in social work tied the knot in 1956, in Greensburg, Pa. After their wedding, Mrs. Perot worked as a third-grade teacher at McDonogh School.
- Mrs. Margot Birmingham Perot and her husband had five children; Henry Ross Perot Jr., born on November 7, 1958; Nancy Elizabeth Perot Mulford born on July 7, 1960; Carolyn Margot Perot now Karolyn Rathjen born on February 10, 1968; Suzanne Cameron born on September 12, 1964, and Katherine Birmingham Perot born on January 11, 1971.
- Her children have children blessed her with nearly 20 grandchildren. Furthermore, Mrs. Perot is known for her philanthropic work, both the Margot Perot Women and Children’s at Presbyterian and the Margot Perot Center for Women and Infants, bear her name.