Who is Amazon’s Jeff Bezos’ wife MacKenzie Bezos? Well, actually Mrs. Bezos is soon-to-be Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife, as the Amazon founder announced on January 9, 2019, that he and Mackenzie are getting a divorce.
Don't forget to check the Photo Gallery & Video Below
- MacKenzie Bezos formerly known as MacKenzie Tuttle was born on April 7, 1970, she grew up in San Francisco, Ca. by a father who was a financial planner and a stay at home mom. She wrote her first book at the age of 6, which was later lost during a flood. MacKenzie went to school in Connecticut at Hotchkiss School.
- She studied and graduated from Princeton University. While there, she worked at numerous different jobs, from dishwasher to nanny. She continued her studies under Toni Morrison taking her creative writing class. Toni said she was one of the best students she’d ever had.
- In 1993, while both were working at D.E. Shaw, Jeff and MacKenzie met. Three months after they started dating, they were engaged, and three months later they were married. In 1994 they moved to Seattle, Washington. They now have four children, three boys and a daughter they adopted from China.
- Bezos says that it is a blessing to have a billionaire husband as she can write without the worry that writing is not the most lucrative of professions. She loves to have Jeff read her manuscripts and give her feedback, which he always does. She received an American Book Award for her first novel, The Testing of Luther Albright.
- MacKenzie Bezos believes that the fact that she had wonderful parents who never doubted her abilities and that she has a husband and children she loves are the things that define her. She is a wife, mother and successful writer.
Join the Conversation