Casey DeSantis is the lovely wife of Republican politician and attorney Ron DeSantis; he currently serves as the 46th governor of Florida. Gov. DeSantis was a Lieutenant commander with the United States Army, awarded the Iraq Campaign Medal. Bronze Star Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.
Gov. DeSantis graduated from Harvard and Yale University; he started his political career in 2012 when he announced he was running in the Republican primary for Florida’s 6th congressional district.
In May 2015, DeSantis announced his candidacy for the United States Senate seat; however, he withdrew from the Senate race and ran for reelection to the House. Three years later, he announced his election for governor of the sunshine state. He defeated Andrew Gillum on August 28, 2018.
Casey DeSantis Bio Facts
Don't forget to check the Photo Gallery & Video Below
- Ron DeSantis’s Wife Casey DeSantis was born Jill Casey Black in Troy, Ohio.
- Casey DeSantis graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and minored in French from the College of Charleston.
- Before being known as the First Lady of Florida, Casey DeSantis was the host of the Golf Channel, CNN; she also anchored at WJXT.
- She met her husband, then a naval officer at Naval Station Mayport in the golf course; they eventually started dating and finally tied the knot in September 2010, they have since welcomed three beautiful children, daughters Madison and Mamie, and a son, Mason.
- On October 4, 2021, Ron DeSantis announced his wife Casey had been diagnosed with breast cancer.
“I am saddened to report that Florida’s esteemed First Lady and my beloved wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer,” the Republican said in a statement to Fox News on Monday.
“As the mother of three young children, Casey is the centerpiece of our family and has made an impact on the lives of countless Floridians through her initiatives as First Lady. As she faces the most difficult test of her life, she will have not only my unwavering support but the support of our entire family, as well as the prayers and well wishes from Floridians across our state,” he said in the statement.
“Casey is a true fighter, and she will never, never, never give up,” he added.