Meet the lovely Christine Harrell aka Christine Astin; she is the beautiful wife of actor Sean Astin, famous for his many roles in films like the Rudy, The Goonies, The Lords of the Rings Trilogy as Samwise and recently as Bob Newby in Stranger Things.
Christine’s mother-in-law is no other than the amazing Patti Duke, who welcomed Sean on February 25, 1971. His dad is music promoter Michael Tell; however, Patti later married actor Josh Astin, who subsequently adopted Sean.
- Mrs. Austin born Christine Louise Harrell on September 12, 1967, in LaPorte, Indiana; she is the daughter of firefighter Frank Harrell and Nancy Miller.
- Christine started modeling at a young age, by the time she was 17, she became Miss Teen Indiana 1984; she continued modeling after that; however, everything changed after she moved to California.
- Prior to moving to Cali, Mrs. Astin started her studies at Indiana-Purdue University; subsequently transferred to UCLA, from where she received her B.A in History and M.B.A in English American Literature.
- Christine quit modeling after becoming interested in film, not acting thought but rather producing; in 1994, she was the producer of the film Kangaroo Court which Sean directed.
- Sean and Christine tied the knot on July 11, 1994; they have since welcomed three beautiful children, Ali born November 22, 1996, Elizabeth Louise born August 6, 2002, and Isabella Louise born July 22, 2005.