Corinne Foxx is one of the daughters born to actor Jamie Foxx, famous for many films like Spider-Man, Collateral, Any Given Sunday, The Soloist, and Ray a film for which he received several awards, including an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Critic’s Choice Award, BAFTA, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Jamie Foxx Quick Bio
Jamie Foxx is an American actor, singer, and comedian who has made a significant impact in both the music and entertainment industries. Born as Eric Marlon Bishop on December 13, 1967, in Terrell, Texas, Foxx began playing piano at a young age and demonstrated an early talent for music. After graduating high school, he attended the US International University, where he studied classical music and composition.
In the late 1980s, Foxx relocated to Los Angeles, where he began performing stand-up comedy at various clubs around the city. He adopted the stage name Jamie Foxx to avoid confusion with a female comedian named Jamie. In 1991, he made his acting debut on the sketch comedy series, In Living Color, where he quickly established himself as a talented impressionist and performer.
Over the next several years, Foxx began landing small roles in films and television shows. However, it wasn’t until his breakout performance in the 1999 sports drama Any Given Sunday that his career took off. In the film, Foxx played Willie Beamen, a young and talented quarterback struggling to adapt to his new role on a professional football team. The role earned him critical acclaim and launched him into Hollywood’s “A-list.”
Jamie Foxx Music Career
In addition to his acting career, Foxx has also had significant success in the music industry. He released his debut studio album, Peep This, in 1994, but it wasn’t until the release of his sophomore album Unpredictable in 2005 that he achieved widespread success. The album reached number two on the Billboard 200 chart and earned him a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance.
Foxx has continued to act and sing over the years, earning numerous accolades for his work in both industries. He won an Academy Award for his portrayal of Ray Charles in the 2004 biopic Ray, and has also received nominations for his performances in Collateral and Django Unchained. He has also won four BET Awards, three NAACP Image Awards, and a Golden Globe Award.
In addition to his work in entertainment, Foxx has also been involved in philanthropy and activism. He has supported numerous organizations and charities, including the United Way, the Special Olympics, and the Stand Up to Cancer campaign.
Corinne Foxx 5 Facts You Need to Know
- Corinne Foxx was born on February 15, 1994, in Los Angeles, California. The eldest daughter born to actor Jamie Foxx and former girlfriend Connie Kline (b. March 26, 1969), a former accountant at CK Financial, who served in the United States Air Force for five years.
- In November 2014, she made her formal debut at the Bal des débutantes; and Miss Golden Globe on November 18, 2015.
- Corinne was just six when she appeared on her dad’s show and by the time she was 14, she started modeling.
- In 2013, Corinne Foxx was a dancer in Pharrell Williams’s music video for his song Happy; she made her acting debut in 2016 on the t.v series Sweet/Vicious and in the big screen in the 2019 film 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.
- Since 2019, she has been a DJ, on Beat Shazamthe show, where her famous father is a host.
In addition to Corinne, Jamie is the father to Annalise Bishop, born on October 3, 2008, from his relationship with Kristin Grannis.