Jerramy Stevens, the former NFL player, is also husband to retired soccer goalkeeper Hope Solo, who, as we all know, represented the United States from 200 to 2016, winning six titles. Hope also played for several women’s soccer league teams and college soccer for the Washington Huskies at the University of Washington.
Hope Solo Career
Hope Amelia Stevens Solo was born in Richland, Washington, on July 30, 1981. She is one of two children of Jeffrey and Judy Lynn Solo; her brother is named Marcus. Hope started playing at Richland High School and the Three Rivers Soccer Club in the Tri-Cities.
She played for the Huskies at the University of Washington from 1999 to 2002, was a four-time All-Pac-10 selection, Pac-10 Player of the Year, three-time NSCAA All-American, and was nominated for the Hermann Trophy.
Solo was selected fourth overall in the first round by the Philadelphia Charge during the 2013 WUSA draft. In September 2008, Hope signed with Saint Louis Athletica; that same year, Solo was named starting goalkeeper for the U.S. Team that won the gold at the 200-8 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
In May 2010, Hope signed with the WSP expansion team, Atlanta Beat and Washington Freedom (now MagicJack in 2011; in February 2012, he played for the Seattle Sounders Women along with U.S. teammates Magan Rapinoe, Sydney Leroux, and Alex Morgan.
Hope and Megan Rapinoe were assigned to the Seattle Reigh FC on January 19, 2013. Hope Solo received personal leave from Seattle in August 2016, around the same time her contract with the National Team ended.
Jerramy Stevens 5 Facts You Need To Know
- 6’7 Jeraramy Stevens, the son of Bob and Fran Stevens, was born in Boise, Idaho, on November 13, 1979.
- He played at River Ridge High School and the University of Washington before the Seattle Seahawks selected him in the first round (28th overall) during the 2002 NFL draft. He played in Seattle until 2006,
- He signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the following year and played there until 2010. He was waived by the Buccaneers on October 25, 2010, a few days after he was arrested for possession of marijuana.
“We take such matters quite seriously,” he said. “Obviously, Jerramy Stevens will not be playing today, and we will treat this matter with the seriousness it deserves.”
- He married Hope Solo on November 13, 2012, and their twins, Lozen Orianna Judith and Vittorio Genghis Stevens were born on March 4, 2020.
- Jerramy Stevens has had his way with the wrong side of the law, starting in 1988 while he was still in high school and was charged with felony assault; then he was arrested and charged with sexual battery in July 2000; the third arrest came in Tampa when he was arrested and charged with felony battery for punching two bouncers in March 2011; the fourth arrest was on November 12, 2012, a day before he and Hope got married Jerramy was arrested on investigation of assault following an altercation where Solo was left with injuries; however the case was dropped due to lack of evidence and Hope and Jerramy then got married.
“We take such matters quite seriously,” he said. “Obviously Jerramy Stevens will not be playing today and we will treat this matter with the seriousness it deserves.”
“Jerramy Stevens and Hope Solo were married tonight. Events of yesterday morning didn’t change plans.”