Meet Signe Ostby
Signe Ostby is the lovely wife of co-founder and retired CEO of Intuit, Inc., Scott Cook.
Her hubby was born January 1, 1952. Cook earned an MBA from Harvard University and received a bachelor’s degree in economics and mathematics from the University of Southern California.
Signe’s husband began his career at Procter & Gamble, where he learned about product development, market research and marketing. In 1983, Cook launched the financial software company Intuit, which offers products that help individuals and small companies manage their finances.
According to his profile, Scott previously managed consulting assignments in banking and technology for Bain & Company, a corporate strategy consulting firm. He remains a member of the board of directors of Procter & Gamble; the Harvard Business School Dean’s Advisory Board; the Center for Brand and Product Management at the University of Wisconsin; and the Intuit Scholarship Foundation.
Behind every great man, there is always a greater woman. Signe Ostby, worked briefly at Clorox before finding her niche in the high-tech marketplace. In 2002, Scott and his wife, Signe Ostby, established the Center for Brand and Product Management – the U.S.’ first university-based center focused exclusively on training MBAs in brand/product management – at the UW-Madison School of Business.
Signe Ostby is also the mother of the couple’s three children, David Bryn Cook, Karl Anders Cook, and Annie Laurie Cook. Both Annie and Karl share her mom’s passion as equestrians. Annie is a student at Yale University, she was born in 1993. Son, David, born in 1989 attended at Claremont McKenna College and Karl, was born in Redwood City, California on December 25, 1990. He has been riding since he was a little boy.
Below you can read more interesting facts about Mrs. Cook.
1. She was born Helen Signe Ostby, the daughter of Helen and Byron C. Ostby.
2. She has one brother, David Joel Ostby and one sister, Laurie Ostby Kehler.
3. Her mother, Helen (Wear) Ostby, died in 2013.
4. She began working at Procter & Gamble in 1976 аѕ a brand assistant.
5. In 1982, she launched hеr start-up, Software Publishing Corporation.
6. She worked in the past for IBM, HP (printers аnd software), Apple, Epson, Egghead, Radio Shack, Compaq.
7. She developed a seminar series thаt taught consumer packaged goods concepts tо high-tech companies
8. She has served оn thе Dean’s Advisory Board аt thе Wisconsin School оf Business.
9. She and her family reside in Woodside, Calif.,
10. Her son Karl is dating actress, Keley Cuoco.