Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss
Allison Holker is the wife of DJ Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss, who became famous for being the DJ at the Ellen Degeneres Show in 2014 and a co-executive producer since August 2020. Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on December 13, 2022.
According to news reports, his wife Allison Holker announced her husband had died.
“It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to share my husband Stephen has left us,” Boss’ wife, Allison Holker Boss, 34, confirms exclusively in a statement to PEOPLE. “Stephen lit up every room he stepped into. He valued family, friends and community above all else and leading with love and light was everything to him. He was the backbone of our family, the best husband and father, and an inspiration to his fans.”
“To say he left a legacy would be an understatement, and his positive impact will continue to be felt,” she continued. “I am certain there won’t be a day that goes by that we won’t honor his memory. We ask for privacy during this difficult time for myself and especially for our three children.”
“Stephen, we love you, we miss you, and I will always save the last dance for you.”
Allison Holker ran to a Los Angeles Police Station, informing her husband, Stephen “tWitch” Boss, had left their home without his car, which was not like him. Around 11:15 a.m., paramedics responded to a medical emergency at an L. A motel located less than a mile from Boss’s home. Stephen “tWitch” Boss was found dead inside the bathroom.
Motel staffers said when he check he wasn’t visibly upset, he was carrying just one bag and booked the room for just one night. they found him the next day after he missed his checkout time.
In addition to the Ellen Degeneres Show, Twitch appeared on seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of the t.v series So You Think You Can Dance before he was named a judge of the show’s 12th season.
Twitch also appeared in Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, and several films, like Step UP 3D, Bones, Hairspray, Touch, Drop Dead Diva, Magic Mike XXL, and more recently The Hip Hop Nutcracker.
Allison Holker 5 Facts You Need to Know
- Allison Holker was born Allison Renae Holker on February 6, 1988, in Anoka County, Minnesota, to parents Nikki and David Lee Holker.
- Allison grew up in Orem, Utah, and attended Timpanogos High School, where she graduated in June 2006.
- Dancing came to her early on; she joined The Dance Club in Orem and won several national dancing titles.
- Allison’s resume includes: performing in the opening and closing ceremony at the 2002 Olympics, High School Musical 1 and 2, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol’s Clay Aiken in his PBS special Tried and True, Christina Perri’s Music Video for the song Jar of Hearts, back up dancer for Demi Lovato, Dancing with the Stars (season 19, 20, 21, 23).
- Allison Holker met Twitch while competing on So You Think You Can Dance; they married on December 10, 2013. Their son Maddox Laurel Boss on March 27, 2016, and their daughter Zaia Boss on November 6, 2019. In addition to Zaia and Maddox, Allison is a mom to her daughter Weslie Renae born on May 26, 2008, from a previous relationship; Twitch adopted Weslie after they got married.