Meet Eva Gonda; she is the supportive wife of Lyft’s CEO Logan Green –who is set to launch the ride-hailing service in Ottawa. By now we all know the story, Eva’s hubby had been fascinated by innovation in transportation and having grown up in Southern California with much of his childhood spent stuck in traffic; therefore he set out to create a more social, sustainable and affordable transportation system.
Logan went to the University of California, Santa Barbara, tried everything including Greyhound, Amtrak and Craigslist to hitch rides back to L.A., where his then-girlfriend (and future wife) Eva Gonda was going to college. But the trips weren’t always smooth.
Logan then created the first car-share program at UC Santa Barbara and served on the board of the Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District prior to starting Zimride. As of last year, Lyft provides over 1 million rides a day.
Both Logan and his wife have been successful in their individual career, now is time to get to know Mrs. Green.
- Logan and his wife, Eva have been hitched for a few years now. According to online records, the couple tied the knot on September 2011. Together are the proud parents of twin sons.
- Eva Gonda is a graduate of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. She holds a degree in Policy and Organizational Leadership. Eva graduated cum laude with honors from Occidental College earning a degree in American Studies with an emphasis in Education, according to her LinkedIn.
- She served as the Strategic Initiatives Analyst for the CEO at NewSchools Venture Fund. In 2013 she was named Director of Portfolio Development and is currently an Associate Partner at NewSchools Venture Fund.
- She is also the founder of ed+thinking, founded in 2011.
- Additionally to her work in education, Eva Gonda was a professional equestrian and trained the Gold Medal winning horse and rider at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.
Find Eva Gonda Green on Twitter here.