Meet Gabriela Bukele; she is the first Lady of Central America’s tiniest country El Salvador, her husband Nayib Bukele has become the youngest president to be elected in the country. The center-right politician and member of the right-wing party Grand Alliance for National Unity (GANA) previously served as mayor of San Salvador.
- Mrs. Bukele like her husband has Jewish roots, in her husband’s own words Gabby has Jewish-Sephardic blood.
- Gabriela Bukele (nee. Rodriguez Perez Alonso) an educator and psychologist and former ballet dancer; she also served as the Municipal Secretary of Women of the City Hall.
- Nayib and Gabriela started dating in 2004; they tied the knot on December 6, 2014, in San Salvador.
- The President-elect said he has been an admirer of Gabriela for the incredible person and the professional she is.
- While her husband was Mayor of San Salvador, Gabriela founded a ballet program to aide underprivileged youngsters; she also founded the first early education center in El Salvador and works closely with Unicef.
- Her vision as the first lady is to bring art and culture closer through free initiatives, where children and adults can enjoy the talent that exists in El Salvador.
- Gabriela and Nayib announced they are expecting their first child together; her due date is a couple of months after her husband takes the country’s presidency on June 1st.