Actress Carmen Ejogo is according to recent reports the new girlfriend of actor Chris Rock, who was previously married to Malaak Compton from 1996 to 2016 and later dated actress Megalyn Echikunwoke. Chris Rock was the center of attention when actor Will Smith slapped him on live television at the 2022 Academy Awards after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett Smith having a shaved head and looking forward to seeing her on G.I. Jane II.
Chris Rock Ex-Wife
Chris Rock’s ex-wife Malaak Compton Rock describes herself as a Mother, Humanitarian, Advocate, Author, Global Explorer and Foodie. She married the Madagascar actor on November 23, 1996, and they welcomed two girls, Lola Simone born on June 28, 2002, and Zahra Savannah on May 22, 2004.
Malaak is the executive producer and founder of the nonprofit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce, StyleWorks. Mallak and Chris separated in 2014, and the divorce was finalized on August 23, 2016.
At the time, he said he cheated on his wife with three different women.
“I was a piece of s—t,” he said, adding he felt he could cheat since he was the famous breadwinner in the family.
“That’s bulls—t,” he admitted. “That actually goes the other way. My faults are magnified. Your significant other, if they really love you, has a high opinion of you. And you let them down.”
Rock also said “it’s not fair” for him to speak poorly of his ex-wife in public because “I have a mic, she doesn’t. God forbid people are bugging her in the supermarket. That’s not cool. I’m going to have to see her at weddings and graduations,”
He added that he had moved in and was dating a girl. I’m dating a girl now,” he told the mag. “She’s got her own dough, it’s amazing.”
“I wanna find some peace, ’cause people usually find that peace in a horrible time,” he revealed. “Why does that have to be? Maybe I can find God without being in shambles. Maybe I can reach a higher plane spiritually without being in a near-death experience.”
That girl was Megalyn Echikunwoke, the Spokane, Washington native born on May 28, 1993, and is the daughter of Nigerian father Mark Onigwe Versato Echikunwoke and Anita Laurie. She made her acting debut in the 1998 miniseries Creature and later in the 1999 film Funny Valentines.
She also appeared in ER, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Veronica Mars, That ’70s Show, SuperNatural, CSI: Miami, Arrow, Damien, among others.
Megalyn and Chris Rock dated for four years before calling it quits in March 2020.
Carmen Ejogo 5 facts You Need To Know
Don't forget to check the Photo Gallery & Video Below
- British actress Carmen Ejogo was born on October 22, 1973, in Kensington, London; she is the daughter of Elizabeth Douglas Ejogo and Charles Ejogo, from Scotland and Nigeria respectively.
- Carmen studied at Oratory Roman Catholic Primary School, Glendower Preparatory School, and Godolphin and Latymer School.
- Carmen Ejogo’s carer hit off when she hosted the morning show Saturday’s Disney from 1993to 1995; other roles include The Purge: Anarch, Selma in 2014, Alien Covenant in 2017, Fantastic Beats: The Crimes od Grindewalf in 2018, True Detective and Rattlesnake in 2019, Your Honor alongside Bryan Cranston in 2020 and Secret Invasion in 2022.
- Carmen Ejogo has been married twice, in August 1998 she married British musician Tricky, they divorced that same year. She later married Westworld actor Jeffrey Wright, father of her two children Elijah and Juno Wright, they divorced in 2014.
- Carmen Ejogo and Chris Rock’s relationship was first reportein October 2020.